Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Week #18 Bay Area Alphabet - Poetry series and book

For the past few years I’ve been working on a series of poems, one for every letter of the alphabet. Much like my past Subway Poems (published as Crippled by Depression #1) these are all little snapshots of people I see as I wander around. Unlike the Subway Poems these aren’t exclusively girls and there all people from the Bay Area.

All the poems are based on alliteration here’s a few examples:

F
Four foreign girls
Heading for the beach
Too frilly and fresh
For the F bus

S
Silly sleeping girl
Slightly seems like she might
Be giving herself
Scoliosis

T
Tired two-year-old toddler
Trying to tell me something terrific
But she doesn’t know how to talk

I’ve got at least two of most letters and more of some (and no x’s or z’s). I hadn’t really thought about these in a while but recently a new magazine asked me if I had any locally themed stuff and I thought of these. Taking a look at them now I’d love to finish them, all I really need is someone to help me edit and someone to illustrate them. Maybe I could get 26 different artists, one for each letter. That would be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment