Sunday, May 24, 2009

Week #17 El Chupucabra- Movie

This is just a sort of starting point for an idea I came up with a couple of years ago. A monster movie as a metaphor for immigrant rage.

This would be a story of legendary south American monster The Chupacabra transplanted to a Central Valley farming community. My idea is a story that has the Chupacabra killing cruel farm managers and owners acting out the collective rage of the local migrant worker community.

I haven’t really come up with a full story. I like the idea of the monster being conjured involuntarily by the sub conscience anger of the oppressed. Maybe it would even be a member of the local farm owner’s family who turns into the beast at night.

I really haven’t come up with much for this idea but if it was done I think it would be best as a pure genre movie with all the well known b-movie trappings. If it was played too seriously that would just be ridiculous. I think there was a very similar X-Files episode but I’m pretty sure I thought of it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment