Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Week #15 The Devil You Know (Maybe not the Title)- TV Show or Comic Book

This is an idea I came up with over ten years ago while I when I was just out of High School. I’ve given it a lot of thought over the years but I can’t seem to find the right approach to it.

This is a story about the Judeo-Christian-Islamic devil. There’s been a lot of versions of the Devil over the years but this one is the one that does god’s bidding, traveling around in human disguise testing people by tempting them towards a life of sin.

The concept behind this story is that the apocalypse is coming and the devil, as an agent of god, knows this. He comes to god and asks for a reward for his service. He wants to live the last ten years of creation as a human. He’s spent so long wearing human forms and pretending to be human he wants to know what all the effort was for before it’s over. God sees no reason not to grant his wish.

We’d start with the Devil in human form suddenly taken with fear and uncertainty, having suddenly lost his connection to god, for the first time in his existence not knowing what’s coming next.

As we follow this newly humanized devil through his exploits, discovering what it is to be human, we also see his memories, in flashback, all the adventures he’s had tempting mankind throughout history.

The way I see it this thing would work best of either a TV show or a comic book, that way there could be an ongoing story taking place in the present as well as a self contained story each episode or issue taking place in the past.

I don’t really know where to start on this project. I guess if I just started writing some of the short stories from the past that would be a good start. If anyone out there likes the idea I’d love to hear from them, I’m pretty much open to anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment