Monday, May 3, 2010

Year 2 Week #9 Sleepwalkers Theatre/Piano Fight Fourth of July Cinco de Mayo Benefit


So last year’s corresponding post was the Sleepwalkers theatre depression party. For this year’s one I’m gonna post something about our upcoming, differently themed, party.

Through all my life as a party planner/promoter I’ve wanted to have a Fourth of July party on Cinco de Mayo or even better a Cinco de Mayo party on Fourth of July. I just always thought the absurdity of mixing the dates of these two up, since the name of both these holidays has the date in the title, was hilarious.

This year it looks like I’m going to get my wish. On July 3rd sleepwalkers theatre is teaming up with our fellow local theatre company PianoFight to throw a “Cinco de Mayo 4th of July Party”. Not sure what this is going to mean right now but I’m thinking Pinata’s filled with crappy americana artifacts of some sort, mariachi bands playing classic rock and “sombrero fighting”… or whatever.

Not much more info about it now.

More updates closer to the date.

No comments:

Post a Comment