Monday, July 13, 2009

Week #24 The Mishap Movie - Film


Having recently watched Rock & Roll High School again I got inspired to make a rock & roll movie. Films like Help, The Girl Can’t Help it, Tougher than Leather even Spice World have alway held a special place in my heart. Movies with flimsy plots and often just as flimsy acting. Films set up to highlight the music of whatever artist or artists it was made for. Movies that, although not the best craft wise, are always fun to watch because you can see the people making them are having so much fun.


I want to make one of these for Mishap Productions. My only real concrete idea of what I want it to be is that I’d like to have all the people even vaguely connected to Mishap both play a role and perform in some way.


A couple of ideas I came up with while talking to James Call about it over the past few days:


A classic film noir where all the Gomorran’s play gangsters and the Missing Teens play cops


A gangster story about a power struggle due to the death of the mob boss “God”


Shooting on both coasts but presenting them as one city so characters would get in the subway in NYC and get out in San Francisco.


Stealing overdramatic lines from other films to insert in at inappropriate times.


Most of these where just stuff we came up with while bullshitting. I’d really like to make one of these movies some time. We wouldn’t have to come up with much of a script just some basic ideas then start shooting. I have a camera. What I really need is a very patient editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment